Western Digital is an American computer storage company and one of the largest hard drive manufacturers in the world. Western Digital has been manufacturing hard drives since the late 1980’s and is one of the most dominant hard drive manufacturers today. The have manufactured IDE, SATA, SCSI and SAS drives and have a large market share in both enterprise and consumer hard drive markets.
Modern Western Digital hard drives, use a Marvel MCU or Processor to control the hard drives functionality and behavior. This Marvel MCU is the core of the Printed circuit board (PCB) for Western digital hard drives.
How to check a WD drive for damage:
- With the drive disconnected, examine the drive for physical signs of damage (dents, missing parts or broken pins)
- Make sure the power cable (if applicable) and data cable are securely connected
- Verify the data cable is in working condition. (Try using the cable on a working drive)
- Connect the drive to a different computer or a different port on the motherboard/controller card
- If you are experiencing failure symptoms to your Western Digital hard drive, contact us for assistance.
Our Data Recovery engineers have been recovering data from Western Digital hard drives for over a decade and have developed many specialized and proprietary solutions to recover data from specific malfunctions that occur on Western Digital hard drive architectures.
Call Western Digital Hard Drive Data Recovery Experts today at 866-456-DATA